Wednesday, January 2, 2013

35 Weeks


I had another check-up today. Everything looks and sounds good. Sophie went with me and was really excited about it. While we were getting ready in the morning and in the car on the way over, she kept talking about going to the doctor's for Josie's check-up. I told her that she would get to hear Josie's heart beat again, and she excitedly repeated that, too. She was so good the whole time we were there. She sang a little from Doc McStuffins ("time for your check-up...") as the nurse weighed me and checked my blood pressure. She sat patiently on the table with me while we waited for the doctor. When he came in, he talked to Sophie and moved her to a chair and she just watched him and munched on pretzels while he worked. We got to hear that amazing little heart beat, which made Sophie happy. The doctor told her that was her sister's heart and she replied, "Josie's heart beat!" Sophie continued to wait patiently on her chair while I was tested for GBS, which surprised both the doctor and me (I thought for sure she would protest like she did earlier in my pregnancy when I had to be examined). The doctor told me what a great little girl I have, saying he thinks that she will be a wonderful big sister. I think so, too!
How far along? 35 weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Just small additions to old ones.

Sleep: I have been napping so much over winter break. Poor Sophie has probably been bored as I haven't had the energy to get off the couch much during the day. Then again, she loves her cartoons so she probably enjoys my lack of energy since it means she can watch more of them. I've been sleeping on the couch more at night, too, since that is more comfortable for my back. I start back to work tomorrow, so we'll see how I do without my naps.
Best moment this week: Hearing Sophie get more excited about Josie. She talks about her more and seems to understand a little better than she used to. For example, earlier this week I was sorting through Sophie's clothes so that all of the ones that don't fit her anymore could be put away. She was helping me and would say, "This for Josie," as we stored away the clothes. So cute! Also, ringing in the New Year with Joe and Sophie (and Josie) was pretty wonderful.

Miss Anything? feeling rested
Movement: All the time. She has hiccups daily and likes to kick at my right side. 
Food cravings: Greasy McDonald's. My stomach does not enjoy that though, and I usually feel gross after I eat it. Not worth indulging my craving.
Anything making you queasy or sick: see above
Any pregnancy complications?: Nothing besides my normal sciatic nerve pains. It is crazy to me how different this pregnancy is from the last one. Last time I was put on bed rest around 35 weeks and this time all is well. I've been so tired lately though that I started to want to be put on bed rest. Then I remembered how boring that was and how much I hated it, and quickly gave thanks to my good health this time around. I'm so glad that Josie is doing well. I will take any aches, pains, and exhaustion so that she stays healthy.

Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: Girl!
Looking forward to: Seeing Josie, of course! 2013 means that she is almost here. Only 4 more weeks to go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment