Wednesday, January 16, 2013

37 Weeks


37 weeks is here! Josie is now officially a full term baby! When I was pregnant with Sophie, I was heading to the hospital at 37 weeks so that I could be induced. I am so glad that Josie will get a little more time with me. I can't wait for her to get here, but I am happy that she gets to 'cook' a little more.

My NST on Monday went well. It took way longer than I expected, but everything was fine. Apparently I had some contractions (I had no idea. I am thinking they were Braxton Hicks. I just thought her little butt was pushing up against me. I guess not...), which worried the nurse. She asked a doctor for advice and he told her to check me to see if I was dilated. Ick. There was absolutely nothing going on down there, so that was good. My check-up yesterday with the doctor went very well. He said my bloodwork and NST results were good and that my blood pressure is at least not to a scary place. It actually was down some today (back in the normal range), so that was exciting. I asked him if he was still expecting January 30th as the due date, and he said absolutely. That is a relief! The plan now is to keep going to my NSTs (my next one is tomorrow), get some more blood work done before Josie gets here, and to relax when I can. Sounds like a plan to me!

How far along? 37
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? Yup

Sleep: It has been going okay. I have been trying to sleep in my bed again instead of the couch. It has been going okay, but it is difficult getting down in the middle of the night when I need to use the restroom. Oh well.
Best moment this week: My sister-in-laws, mother-in-law, sister and mom all had a little baby dinner celebration on Sunday. Joe dropped me off at Carrabba's (my favorite!) for dinner with everyone. There were gifts, cupcakes, and delicious food. It was so nice of them to do that for me and Josie. What a great family I have!

Miss Anything? Wine
Movement: Yes. She currently has the hiccups.
Food cravings: Chocolate

Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Any pregnancy complications?: My blood pressure. Also, my doctor told my platelets were low. He isn't worried though, so I'm not either.

Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah! However, a stranger this weekend asked me when I was due. I told her and she commented that I was holding my weight well and didn't look that far along at all. Thank you, stranger! That made my day!
Gender: Girl!
Looking forward to: Holding my baby girl. 2 more weeks! I just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment