Wednesday, January 23, 2013

38 Weeks

Ugh. This week has sucked. Seriously. I love being pregnant, I really do. I know a lot of people who hated being pregnant and couldn't wait for it to be over. Not me. I love the kicks and movements. I love knowing that my baby is growing in there. I love the stretchy pants. I love that I have a bond with my baby. The mood swings, random aches and constant peeing aren't the best, but I don't even mind those that much. What I do not love is the flu. I don't love being sick at all, but who really does? Still, being sick and pregnant is no fun. You can't really take anything for it and there is the worry that your illness could be doing something bad to your baby. It is just no fun at all. Luckily I am at the tail end of my sickness. I am still congested and exhausted, but really those could just be a part of pregnancy and not just from the flu (probably is a combo of the two). 
Due to catching the flu last week (4 students in my homeroom also had it!), I have decided to start my maternity leave early - today was my last day. I was going to have Friday be my last day, and take Monday and Tuesday off next week to spend with Sophie. However, the more I thought about it this weekend, the more I realized that all the germs I could be picking up are just not worth it. With my luck, I would get over the flu and catch something else from the kids. I realized that those few extra days at school were not worth the risk of more germs. I want to give myself extra time to completely get over the flu and make sure that I am healthy for Josie. I would hate to be sick when she gets here and then have her get sick! So even though starting leave early wasn't part of my original plan, I think I am making the best choice for me and my family. They come first.
I will say that I am glad that I am the one who was sick and not Josie. When I was pregnant with Sophie and she had issues, as well as after she was born and all her issues then, I always wished that it was me having the problems instead. I hated that it was her who had to go through all of those struggles. So while I hate having the flu and being sick, I am so thankful that Josie is okay. I would have the flu every day if that meant my children didn't have to be sick. Of course people would probably hate me because I would constantly whine, but it would be worth it if that meant my kids never had to be sick.
I hope that this last week of pregnancy goes by without any major issues. If there are issues, I just hope Josie is safe. I can't wait to meet that little girl!

How far along? 38
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? Yes

Sleep: I've been sleeping a bunch this week. I will feel myself starting to fade and then I am out for a few hours. Not sure if that is from having the flu or from being 9 months pregnant. I'm going to say a combo of the two. I haven't had to wake up to pee as much, but I'm pretty sure that just means I am still a little dehydrated from the flu. Oops. I should fix that.
Best moment this week: Considering this week pretty much sucked, I'm going to have to say that the best part was knowing that Josie is doing okay, even though I'm not. Every heart beat I hear (or see on a monitor) and kick I feel reassures me that I have a tough little girl in there. (Leaving school today and knowing I don't have to go back until April wasn't too bad of a moment either.)

Miss Anything? Feeling well
Movement: Yup. Hook a fetal heart monitor up to me and Josie will kick it and move out of the way so her heart beat is lost. Sneaky girl, just like her sister.
Food cravings: None.

Anything making you queasy or sick: The flu and all this congestion is making me queasy. I just don't feel like eating. When I do eat, it is hard to keep it down. Stupid flu.
Any pregnancy complications?: Blood pressure...flu...low platelets...low iron...I miss my sciatic nerve issues! Still, I am glad these are my issues and not Josie's

Have you started to show yet: Only a fool would think I wasn't pregnant. I mean look at me.
Gender: Girl!
Looking forward to: Feeling 100% better so that I am healthy when Josie gets here. 7 more days!



Sophie can't wait for Josie to get here. She has been practicing how to be a big sister with her baby dolls. It is pretty adorable. I can't wait to see her give Josie real kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment