Wednesday, January 9, 2013

36 Weeks


Welcome month 9!

I had another check-up today. I was seeing the 'worry wart' doctor today, which always makes me nervous. He is a great doctor, but he is a lot more cautious than the other docs. This can be a really good thing, but not always. Anyway, I go to have my vitals done and wouldn't you know, my blood pressure was up. 144/89 to be exact. My blood pressure has been great this whole pregnancy, though last week it elevated a little (still in the normal range). As soon as I saw what my bp was, I mentally prepared for a fight with the doctor. (After I had Sophie, my bp was high and this same doctor sent me to the hospital to be monitored, telling me I was probably going to have to be admitted. I wasn't admitted, and the doctor who saw me over there kind of rolled his eyes when I told him who sent me over.)  After 40 minutes of waiting in my exam room (naked from the waist down with a paper gown over me, mind you), the doctor came in. I immediately asked if I was going to have to fight with him about the blood pressure. He seemed a little flustered by my comment - oops! Surprisingly though, he didn't make a huge fuss. I told him that I would have our school nurse check me each morning, and Joe check me in the evenings. He liked my idea, telling me to call if I was over 140 or 90 again. He does want me to come back in on Friday to be checked again. I wasn't about to argue. As long as he doesn't try to put me on bed rest or take Josie early, I am fine with that.
(Side note: The doctor asked me if anything could be causing me stress. I told him that I am a teacher, and he just gave me a blank look. I thought that was the perfect answer, and I'm sure any of my teacher friends would agree with me.)

How far along? 36
Maternity clothes? Yes. Some maternity shirts are getting a little short on me, like the one in this week's pictures. Time to retire this one.  
Stretch marks? There are additions to 5 old ones now. I'm not surprised though, since Josie already weighs more than Sophie did at birth. (I'm so glad that Josie isn't IUGR like her big sister, that I will gladly take these stretch marks and more).

Sleep: I am even more exhausted now that school is back in session. I miss my nap times. Sleep at night has been okay though. I've been sleeping on the couch for the most part this week since it is the most comfortable for my back.
Best moment this week: Joe finished fixing up our laundry room! What a great hubby! First he painted the room. Then he raised the original shelf above the washer and dryer and also put in another one that is lower. Now I can actually reach things without stretching. That will be so helpful while I am recovering from my c-section. He also put in a coat rack where the closet used to be so that we can hang up our coats and bags. It is so nice to not see our kitchen chairs loaded up with coats and bags.

Miss Anything? Breathing normally when I walk upstairs.
Movement: She just gave me a hard kick to the right side, so yeah.
Food cravings: Chocolate and Fruity Pebbles.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing this week.
Any pregnancy complications?: My sciatic nerve has decided to be nice to me this week. However, my body decided it was not going to let me have a problem free week. Yesterday, I came home from work to find that my feet were super swollen! So gross. They swelled today, too, though not as bad as yesterday. My blood pressure rising is another fun complication this week. (Maybe that is going to be the issue that I have been waiting for/fearing. Who knows)

Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah. One co-worker gave me a baby gift earlier this week. She told me, "I wanted to give this to you now because I really don't think you are going to last as long as you think you are." Thanks? (This same person made a similar comment a few weeks ago. I don't think I look like I could pop any day now, but maybe I am wrong....)
Gender: Girl!
Looking forward to: Finishing up our to-do list so that I don't stress over anything when Josie is born.
 

1 comment:

  1. You are getting close to the end now! So excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete