Friday, September 14, 2012

Josie

Since finding out that I am pregnant, Joe and I have been discussing names. Well, I've been discussing names and Joe has been listening to me (and agreeing). I knew what name I wanted to use for a boy, but I was stuck between two girl names. As our anatomy scan drew closer, I told Joe that he had to pick between the two names. He decided on Josephine Evelyn (insert last name here). We are going to call her Josie for short. Josephine is a nod to Joe, my Grandpa (Joe), and Joe's dad (whose middle name is Joseph). Evelyn was my Grandma's name. It also has a 'Lynn' in there (minus one 'n' - Lynn as a middle name is kind of a family tradition on my side of the family. There are 5 of us with that middle name: me, my sister, my cousin, my niece, Sophie...). I am especially happy that my Grandma and Grandpa P. are represented in her name. They were amazing grandparents and I miss them everyday.

We are so excited to be having another girl! I can't help but smile, thinking about my daughters. I hope they love each other and are close friends. It is going to be so wonderful having two little girls around! Sophie and Josie...I just love it!


**According to Babycenter.com, Josephine/Josie means "God shall add" and Evelyn means "Life". God shall add life...perfect!



1 comment:

  1. Your grandparents would feel so honored to know Josie is being named after them. They loved you and your cousins so very much. I hope I am as good a grandparent as they were.

    ReplyDelete