Wednesday, August 1, 2012

13 Weeks

Everyone knows now! I'm still not sure if that is a good or bad thing.
When I was pregnant with Sophie, I made a little photo book of family pictures for my mom. The last picture in the book was a picture of my positive pregnancy test. My mom mentioned once that I would have a hard time topping that surprise. Challenge accepted. While playing on Pinterest one day, I came across this. I knew it was the prefect way to announce a future pregnancy. I couldn't wait to not only make Sophie a big sister, but also to take those photos of her. Once I had my ultrasound I was able to have a little photo shoot with Sophie. (see last week's post for a link to the pictures.)
I mailed out cards with Sophie's sibling announcement on Tuesday night. Each of our parents called on Wednesday, but they still had no idea. Thursday afternoon though I received a call from Joe's mom. She was very excited for us. Then came a call from a sister-in-law, as well as text messages from other sister-in-laws. Still nothing from my mom though. After an hour of waiting, Sophie and I laid down for a nap. About 30 minutes into my glorious slumber, the phone rang. It was my mom. "You're pregnant?"
"Yes." (I was pretty groggy though, so it might have sounded more like, "Ylesh")
"Due in February."
"Uh huh."
"When were you going to tell me?"
"Um, the card did that for me."
"What card? I didn't get a card. I just saw Joe's post on Facebook..."
At this point I sit straight up and panic a bit. I had no idea what she was talking about, nor why it was on Facebook already. "Um, you are getting a card in the mail...today...That is what was going to tell you I was pregnant. What are you talking about with Facebook?"
My mom explains that Joe posted something on Facebook. I immediately hang up on her to go call Joe (I  looked on Facebook first, and sure enough, there was a post by my dear, sweet husband.) I told Joe that my mom hadn't received her card yet and that his post kinda ruined the surprise. Plus, there were a few friends I wanted to tell first before all of Facebook knew (Oh, Facebook...I have such a love/hate relationship with you.). He apologized and set off to delete the post. I called my mom back and apologized some more about the ruined surprise. She didn't care; she was too happy. She did call later to say that she received the card and loved it. Maybe I should stop with the 'surprises' next time. It is kinda fun though...



How far along? 13 Weeks
Maternity clothes? No
Stretch marks? No 
Sleep: I am so tired when I go to bed at night, but it takes forever to fall asleep!
Best moment this week: Our friends and family finding out.
Miss Anything? Wine and Coke Zero (I gave up caffeine this time. I didn't when I was pregnant with Sophie-I still kept within the suggested limit-but I am trying it this time.)
Movement: No
Food cravings: Not really
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Any pregnancy complications?: No *knock on wood*
Have you started to show yet: My stomach is getting bigger, but it still just looks like I have been eating too much.
Gender prediction: girl
Looking forward to: Finding out what we are having. We still have awhile though.

1 comment:

  1. I am just excited we are getting another grandchild to love and spoil.

    ReplyDelete